Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mujahideen!

OK, it has been forever since I updated this. Real life has overtaken fictional for a while.

Currently being possesed of a bit of an enthusiasm for Moderns (Ambush Alley and Force on Force in particular) I have been working on painting up Insurgent forces for the Oobleckistan breakaway from the crumbling USSR. To that end I am currently working up a number of Afghan figures. I have discovered through the joys of image search that Mujahideen from Chechnya look almost exactly like those from Afghanistan. As I have not been able to find 15mm Chechens per se, and nobody is ever going to make Ooblecks, I am using Afghans which are widely available. The key is to paint them in a mix of traditional garb and Soviet kit. I have yet to decide on teh final mix but they will be sprinkled amongst my Rebel Minis "Masked Gunmen" and perhaps the odd Russian to provide the Oobleck forces. Oobleck uniforms are a brown-green tannish colour giving a nice contrast to Soviet green. Tanks, vehicles etc are primarilly Russian although I may add some bits of foriegn kit.

Watch for photos and battle reports soon. I also hope to be able to add some C18 forces soon.

3 comments:

  1. "Interesting times" in Oobleckistan -and a promising description of your project.
    Yet I have to confess to be eagerly looking forward to learn more about the C18 Oblask!

    Cheers,
    Jean-Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 'post-USSR' country -by an 'EvE' member, btw: the Baltic Republic of Prussia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about an 'EvE'-like collective blog for these 'contemporary' Imagi-Nations?

    ReplyDelete